We are pleased to announce that ROAR 2019 will be held on Saturday 6th April at the RVS in Hanley from 11am to 4pm.
There will be a range of speakers, discussions, workshops, community organisations, poetry, films, food, tombola prizes, and more. This event is free to attend and is a family friendly celebration of diversity and unity in North Staffordshire!
This year our speakers will include;
– Yaar Paretz (Keele Friends of Palestine and campaigner)
– Aida Haughton (YMCA / Remembering Srebrenica)
– Opelo Kgari (speaking on experiences of UK immigration law)
– Birgit Allport (speaking on the situation for EU migrants after Brexit)
– Penny Vincent (speaking on community engagement and cohesion)
– Becky Stanyer (speaking on the traveller community)
– Andrew Scattergood (speaking on trade unionism and anti-racism)
– Amanda Lovatt (Alsager Welcomes Refugees)
– Reverend Sally Smith (Sanctus St. Mark’s)
– Plus many more, including stalls, workshops and performances from;
– RESIST – Building a Stronger Britain Together project
– Reveal Theatre Company
– Poets Against Racism
– Local poets including Andrew McKenzie, Jason N Smith, and Stoke-on-Trent Poet Laureate, Stephen Seabridge
– Challenge North Staffs
– Trans Staffs
– Art Brasil – Music and dance
– Face painting and henna
Feel free to come for the whole day or just pop in for a while and have a look. If you’d like to be involved as a speaker, performer, stall holder, caterer, organiser, workshop leader, or in any other way, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
ROAR 2019 is kindly supported by North Staffordshire Trades Union Council and South Cheshire & North Staffordshire Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament. We will also be taking contributions to donate to Stoke-on-Trent Foodbank.
Join us for a fun day to ROOT OUT ALL RACISM!
RVS Royal Voluntary Service Hanley
29 Charles Street
See the Facebook event page here